Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bo Diddley Get Well Card

Bo Diddly has been going through a tough time. Earlier in May, he was hospitalized after a stroke affected his speech. The latest is that he is recovering - although still not able to speak, he hums while listening to country music. I saw Bo perform in Murrells Inlet, SC about a decade ago and wanted to send him a card of support.

Originally I wanted to do it more cartoony, but decided to challenge myself and basically try to remember how to use those pesky gouache paints. Not my forte as much as the loose, spontaneous napkin cartoons but, hey, its the thought that counts, right?

I recall struggling with that stuff back in architectural rendering class in art school. We would have to mix all these different values and eyedrop the paint in a ruling pen, just to painstakingly make shadows on endless rows of windows. It was maddening... until I learned to cheat by using a gray marker. That was almost as sly as getting the cutest girl in class... to do my perspective homework. Oops, this post was supposed to be about Bo.

Anyway, I wrote David, his webmaster about where to send get well wishes:

Please write to him in c/o his Management at the following address:

Bo Diddley
c/o Talent Consultants International Ltd.
105 Shad Row, 2nd Floor
Piermont, NY 10968

Thank you so much.

Regards,

David Blakey, Webmaster,
BO DIDDLEY-The Originator
http://members.tripod.com/~Originator_2/index.html
A Celebration of his unique contribution to Popular Music.


Maybe you'd like to send him something too. Get better Bo!

No comments: